- K Flute Lessons in Houston
I enjoy working with flute students of all ages and levels. My approach is to guide each student in exploring their creativity and expressing their individuality through music. In the course of lessons, students gain valuable training in artistry, critical thinking, problem solving, perseverance, discipline, goal setting, public speaking and performance.
Please see below for information on lessons:
Location: All lessons are held weekly at my studio near Rice University.
Availability: I teach most private lessons on Sunday mornings and afternoons. Summer availability is more flexible.
Duration: Beginner: 30 minutes; Intermediate: 45 minutes; Advanced: 60 minutes.
Rates: Please contact me for rates.
1. Students are expected to be at their lesson every week that school is in session. I must have at least 24 hours' notice for cancellations (except in the case of illness or emergency). Lessons missed without prior notice will be charged.
2. All students taking lessons between September and May are required to commit to lessons for the duration of the school year. When first starting lessons, you are welcome to a two week trial period before making a commitment. This trial will allow student, parent and teacher to evaluate our working relationship.
1. All students in private lessons are expected to perform at the Annual Studio Recital, which is held at the end of May. There is a hall rental, piano tuning and piano accompanist fee to participate in the recital.
Teaching Background and Experience:
In addition to maintaining a private flute studio in Houston since 2010, I currently teach at the following schools:
- Kinder High School for the Performing and Visual Arts (HSPVA)
- Lone Star College-Cy-Fair
- Music in the Schools program, American Festival of the Arts
- Faculty, Summer Music Conservatory, American Festival of the Arts
Additionally, I have taught private lessons at the following schools:
- Vivaldi Music Academy (West U)
- Cy-Creek High School, Cypress, TX (2016-17)
- Cy-Fair High School, Cypress, TX (2008-2013)
- Cy-Falls High School, Cypress, TX (2009-2012)
- Pearland High School, Pearland, TX (2010-2011)
- Strake Jesuit Preparatory School, Houston, TX (2011-2012)
- Arnold Middle School, Cypress, TX (2014-2015)
I have served as a masterclass clinician at the following schools and events:
- Magnolia Junior High and West High School, Magnolia, TX (2014-present)
- American Festival of the Arts, Houston, TX (2014-present)
- Houston Symphony Cynthia Woods Mitchell All-State Clinics, The Woodlands, TX (2010-2014)
- Houston Flute Fest Piccolo Masterclass, Houston, TX (2011)
- Houston Youth Symphony Clinician, Houston, TX (2010-2013)
And as guest artist and masterclass clinician at the following universities:
- San Jacinto College, Houston, TX (2016, 2017)
- University of Lethbridge, Lethbridge, Alberta (2012)